Bangladesh's money is called Taka, and it's 75 taka to 1 US dollar. It's been a challenge for me so far, as it takes me a bit of time to figure out how many dollars I am actually spending on things. When I went to the grocery store the other day I spent 2,050 taka. I couldn't help but feel like this was a huge amount of money, until I calculated it and realized it was only $27.25. I pull out my wallet and realize all I have are increments of 1000 taka, so I hand the lady 3,000 taka. The poor lady looks at me and asks if I have anything smaller than a 1,000 considering 50 taka is less than $1. Unfortunately I didn't so she had to empty her whole cash register to give me change. Boy did I feel bad. Since then I have brought smaller bills with me.


0 comments:
Post a Comment