I'm sure I've lost a lot of my readers because of my 1 year hiatus, but I'm excited to be back, and I hope you're ready for a lot of posts over the next few months. I have a lot to catch up on!
For my first post back, I'll share some on our trip to the beautiful Maldives.
The last couple weeks of our time in Asia we decided to spend with some friends on a local island in the Maldives. It was so long ago, that I don't even remember how long we spent there - I think it was 4 or 5 days. We paddle boarded right off the coast of our island and saw fish, sting rays, and other marine life through the crystal clear water. We snorkeled in a reef close to our island and it was the best snorkeling I have ever experienced. We saw thousands of beautiful fish and coral, a couple turtles, sting rays, squid, eels, and LOTS of sea cucumbers (they even have a sea cucumber factory in the Maldives)! And the best experience was when a pod of dolphins swam directly toward us while snorkeling in the open ocean, clicking and playing. They were so close we could have touched them. Absolutely amazing.
We stayed on a local island, Dhiffushi Island where there is only one guest house for tourists - Happy Life Maldives. We visited during Ramadan, which wasn't the best idea, but otherwise we had a wonderful time.
Where we spent all of our days
Our own private sandbar
I just loved this local girl on the island where we stayed
There are dozens of all-inclusive resorts in the Maldives where you can stay over the water - just be ready to pay a pretty penny!





2 comments:
Well, maybe you lost some readers over the past year -- but you just gained a new one! The Maldives look amazing. I admit I had no idea where they were until I was looking ta a map recently (trying to find the Seychelles, where we are considering one of our R&Rs from Kabul) and I noticed they are kind of nearby!
They are beautiful - if you ever get a chance to go, it's definitely worth it! And I'm glad to have gained a new reader :)
Post a Comment