The pictures of our place are finally here. We haven't received any of our shipments yet (but we should get our first on Monday) so it's mostly furniture, but at least you can see where we are living!
Here is our living room to the left when you walk in the door.
When you walk in the door and look to your right, this is what you see.
Here is our family room with the welcome kit's TV (where we spend most of our time). We still aren't used to having so many rooms and we tend to stay in this room, our bedroom, and the study most of the time. We never seem to venture into the living room or spare bedroom.
Our laundry room with the deep freezer.
Spare bedroom. This room has the best view - the park.
One of the 5 'terraces' we have. The only one worth using - the others have A/C boxes on them.
Kitchen! It's pretty nice. No dishwasher, but that's ok. We must wash our dishes immediately otherwise the dishes are swarmed with ants. Our trash can is underneath the sink, and I hate opening the cupboard because the smell of pesticides is so overwhelming. I have started holding my breath and walking out of the kitchen before I continue breathing.
Our wonderful water distiller.
The master bedroom.
The annoying yet wonderful de-humidifier.
Our study.
We have 4 bathrooms, but this bathroom is my favorite. The other bathrooms are very plain in comparison.
And that concludes our apartment! We can't wait to paint some of the walls and get our things so it'll feel more like home; however, we are very happy to call this our home!!







5 comments:
Looks like a VERY nice place to call home :-)
we have almost all the same furniture, except that our couches are white.
This is hands down the nicest domicile I've ever seen pictures of in Bangladesh. Of course, you clinched that as soon as I saw the floor wasn't made of mud and animal feces.
Thanks!
Alex - I've heard that all the furniture is exactly the same. I didn't realize that the furniture is different between State and AID so when we go to a State employee's home it actually looks like we've left our apartment!
so great to see you everything looks good such an adventure but be careful enjoyed reading all about bangla will chat later J B
Post a Comment