Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pictures!


This is one of our fabulous views - multiple concrete buildings


 Here is a man paying the rickshaw driver


These three boys were fascinated by me and wanted their pictures taken.  They were very cute and rushed over to me to see the result of the photo.


 The boys again - in front of the entrance to a park near our apartment.  This park is closed every day from 10am to 2pm.  I thought this was a bit strange :)



A rickshaw ahead on our street.  As I was walking, I had 3 rickshaw drivers following me and asking me if I wanted a ride.  I told them no, but they continued to follow me and smile.  One rickshaw driver was ahead and slowed down to stare at me as I walked back to my apartment.  Quite the curious ones!


Here is the mosque behind our apartment.  The call to prayer occurs 5 times a day.  The first is at 4:30am, then 1:00pm, then around 4:00pm, then sundown, and another one in the evening.  

4 comments:

Mommajohamma said...

these pix make it real! I'm sure you stand out of the crowd there. Hope you get used to the stares!

lkennedy said...

It's still hard to believe it is YOU taking these pictures!!

Trez said...

So, like, are you able to get back to sleep after that 4 a.m. mosque call? Or is it like when your friend drunk texts you at 3:30 and you spend the rest of the night cursing him because you can't get back to sleep and you have to be up at 7?

Lindsay said...

Ha. It's a toss up. Some days we get back to sleep, others we don't. It's just as annoying as a drunk text.