About a month ago I went to Old Dhaka with a friend to take some photos. I don't go to Old Dhaka very often because of the traffic. The area we went to was 10 kilometers away, and it took us 2 hours to get there. It's unbelievable. But we made it, and I got some great shots to share!
There were lots of boys in canoes collecting the plastic bottles from the river to sell.
This boy kept paddling around and smiling - he was a great subject!
This girl (amongst others) followed me around until a man told her to get back to work.
Unloading bananas at the ferry launch
More intrigued Bangladeshis
Combing for lice
After I took this photo, he demanded 'baksheesh' (money). Unfortunately I didn't have any small bills to give him so I had to walk away. One of the many things I've learned is to keep small bills in my pockets at all times for these types of situations.
Many devout Muslims here dye their hair with henna. I've always wanted to get a photo of one of them and this man was happy to smile for the camera!
Fixing shoes on the street corner


















3 comments:
Once again I am amazed at your beautiful photos. It is hard to imagine being so poor and yet there are so many smiles!
Thank you! It's very true - there are always so many smiles here despite the financial situations.
As always great pictures and a great tour girl So interesting. Love the colors. I am going to Italy so I hope to get such great pictures You have so much fun and happiness in your blog Again I enjoy through you the country and people Stay well and enjoy life
Love JB
Post a Comment