Since we arrived 2 months ago (I can't believe it's already been 2 months!) we have been involved in multiple sports leagues: soccer, softball and tennis. It was great watching the soccer games - even though it's his favorite sport, I had only seen him play a couple times in the beginning of our relationship - and boy is he good! Multiple people on the team came up to me and said how great of a soccer player he was. This might sound funny, but I was quite the proud wife!
They ended the season in second place. They lost the championship 1-0 and the other team scored in the last few minutes. It was a great game!
We play softball at the American International School of Dhaka. It's where all of the embassy children in 1st through 12th grade go. The field is incredibly nice (much better than the crappy fields we played on in DC!). It's in our neighborhood, so we are able to walk or take rickshaws to the field. Since we haven't had a car, I've had to wear long pants to play in; but now that we are getting our car in 2 days, I can wear shorts from now on! Yay!
Our tennis league has been a lot of fun. It's my first time playing tennis competitively, so I was extremely nervous. I ended the season going 3 and 1, so I'm quite happy with that. My athletic husband played awesomely, and it's been fun playing doubles with him. I'm looking forward to getting better - especially with my serve - it's horrendous!

5 comments:
Love the pictures (as always!). Congratulations to you both and to Jason for the soccer! Loved his big smile in the picture! - Mom
Also, Lindsay didn't mention just playing tennis in general. It's great weather right now (winter/dry season) so we are and will continue to play TONS of tennis. There is a squad of ball boy/markers/club tennis pros that you can hire to hit with you and give instruction - for only $1.25/hr! It's been really fun to watch Lindsay get better.
And...the soccer tournament was pretty interesting. All the teams were basically tied, but to make it to the finals we would have had to beat a pretty good Motorpool team by 5 goals. They were the only team out of it, but their co-worker rivals GSO were in the finals...unless we won BIG.
So, to stick it to their rivals, Motorpool "randomly" had a bad game. And we won 8-0 to knock GSO out of the finals. Even the soccer is shady!! Ahh...Bangladesh :)
Jason does come alive when he plays soccer. I spent the better half of my childhood watching him (between reading books and painting team mom nails), and I'm glad you got the experience too. :)
Thanks Mom and Marissa! I've heard his soccer playing days were a lot of fun :)
And yes, the tennis has been amazing so far - we really need to take advantage! When we were in Phuket we played doubles with our friends and I forgot how annoying it is to fetch your own balls! We will be spoiled rotten from the tennis at the American Club here - they make us feel like professionals! ;)
Post a Comment