Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Poor Country

While walking around the riverfront and brick factory, a few of the workers spoke English and told us, 'Bangladesh is a poor country'.  It's very sad and very true.  Today our housekeeper told me that the water isn't working at her apartment - it's been shut off for 2 days now.  She's been showering at our apartment and taking plastic containers filled with water home with her. I offered her a ride in our car, but she declined as the road has been dug up to fix the problem.  A car wouldn't even get there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is fixed by tomorrow.







Many of the men would put the baskets on their head after they dumped whatever was in them.  I think it started as a way to shield their faces from the sun, but once they noticed we were taking pictures of them, dozens of more men came up to us with the basket on their head for a photo opportunity.











I love this photo - this boy was laughing and smiling when he realized I was taking pictures of him.  He was one of the very few shy ones.

































My next post will be about the brick factory - some of my favorite photos are from that trip.

0 comments: